Sunday, December 4, 2011

My newly organized design space

I have only a corner of my dining area available for me to put my "stamping stuff" as my husband so eloquently puts it. Sooooo I had to do some reorganizing to make it more storage efficient for me as my collection of "stamping stuff" grows!  Here's some pics!



 An overall view of the right wall of my studio space with all my prized possessions: MY EMBELLISHMENTS!!!





 Always work in progress.  I'm in the middle of stamping out 1900 get well images for a project I'm doing at the hospital I work at.  I feel better knowing I'm the only one touching my stamps, so if something gets ruined.... it's all on me! On the door I mounted another recent purchase from Michaels - a Wall Mount Ribbon Holder - I got it for 50% off and paid $12.50!!  It holds my Non-PTI ribbon right now, but that could change in the future.  On top of the ribbon holder, it doubles as a shelf and all my metal dies that aren't Spellbinders are stored in there.  Since most of them are palm size or smaller they fit in there beautifully! Hanging from the sides I have Salt Dough Ornies that I made myself a while back.  I love country prim decor!





 This area houses my punchies and my brads as well as a place for my supply book and sketch book.  You can see my Sizzix Big Kick next to everything on my desk, illuminated by my new OttLite that I got at Michaels for $17.99




 An overall view of my design corner
In the file drawer to the left of my desk are all my cardstock in drawers by color and alpha order.  Love my PTI cardstock!!  The drawers under my desk hold my bigger PTI stamp sets and my other tools that I just don't want or shouldn't have lingering on my desk for the safety of my children.  It's called out of sight out of mind and everyone gets to be a happy camper - including mommy!!!





 These boxes on top of my foam board ink pad storage are from Dollar General for $1.00 each!
They are the perfect size for PTI's $5 stamp sets and the $1.00 Studio G clear stamps from Michaels.  I have 5 of these so far, and am on a mission to find a few more.  The ink pad storage is made of Foam Board and I covered it with some SU holiday DSP. It holds all my ink pads, ink cubes and reinkers. I don't like polka dots do I?






 The white basket on the shelf above my ink pad holders holds what Copic Markers I do have... Hope to expand that in the near future!  Inside the little mini drawers I keep a piece of my Nana with me.  Her obituary and a dried rose from her casket.  She was a HUGE influence in my life, and I lost her at the age of 32 (my age, not hers, lol!) and I miss her everyday.  It's been 5 years I watched her go, but at least I got to say I love you to her.. I just wish she was able to say it in return before she passed.




 The top shelf is going to have 3 photo boxes in the near future to hold my card creations
The middle shelf are cleaned and decorated spaghetti sauce jars that hold all my PTI ribbons (or will hold them once I get some in, have only sample pieces in there for now). On the bottom shelf are my drawers for Adhesive, Embossing Folders, Buttons, Glitter, my postal scale, my stamp scrubber and my SU marker set. There is a shelf below this one that you can't see that holds my punches and my liquid adhesives, pens and of course my business cards!




An upclose view of my Ribbon Jars - Not bad for recycled storage!!
I used some holiday SU DSP I had lingering that I just couldn't give up. Love the cranberry/cherry and Olive Colors.  I mean look at the color I picked for my walls! LOL!  I then cut out the frames out using the PTI Matstack #5 die and then sponged on olive and cherry cobbler ink and wrote each color category on the frame and adhered them (ended up using double-sided carpet tape to stick them on but because the cardstock is so heavy, it started to lift, so I taped the left and right edges down with invisible scotch tape)






You are looking at my PTI cardstock and ink match cards.  I have them clipped to a metal door that my desk is in front of. (No we don't use the door as it goes out to our carport, and we don't want the kids going in and out of it, so there my desk went, lol!) I have extra spaces on the third card for when PTI releases new colors of cardstock and inks that match. Above it is a wooden dowel for hanging whatever I need to have at my fingertips. Also I have my cardstock sample ring hanging up and in the basket are my larger PTI Dies




Well I hope you enjoyed viewing my little corner world that I can call my own... Now off to go make sure nothing has been touched while I've been posting this... My youngest two (boy 8 and girl 12) love crafts and they love to drool over momma's "stamping stuff"!

Thanks! :)

Kathie

3 comments:

  1. LOOKS FABULOUS!!!! Thanks for sharing!!That is on my goal for 2012!
    Happy Holidays!! Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done an amazing job with your "little corner".TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little corner you have, and chock full of good stuff, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete